Aloha. Sorry for the lonnngg wait.
Anyway,
Imagine being trapped in a mudslide.
A massive one.
What would you do?
Imagine losing all your love ones,
Or worrying bout them,
Not knowing whether they are alive or dead.
People you have knew and lived with for decades.
If you are one of the survivors of these natural tragedies,
Do you have the guts to carry on living?
I’ve been thinking about these questions since the mudslide in Taiwan occurred. It was very much more serious than I thought. Looking at the images and video clips on television. My heart goes out to them, but what can I do? And to think I’ve been spending an hour or so before that, grumbling about the internet connection, which hasn’t been working since last week. (Yes, I’m guilty of not coming online because of this. Sadly, not because I’m hardcoring.) My problem seems so insignificant.
Some pictures to illustrate my point
A massive one.
What would you do?
Imagine losing all your love ones,
Or worrying bout them,
Not knowing whether they are alive or dead.
People you have knew and lived with for decades.
If you are one of the survivors of these natural tragedies,
Do you have the guts to carry on living?
I’ve been thinking about these questions since the mudslide in Taiwan occurred. It was very much more serious than I thought. Looking at the images and video clips on television. My heart goes out to them, but what can I do? And to think I’ve been spending an hour or so before that, grumbling about the internet connection, which hasn’t been working since last week. (Yes, I’m guilty of not coming online because of this. Sadly, not because I’m hardcoring.) My problem seems so insignificant.
Some pictures to illustrate my point
Tragedy
Hotel collapse

Buildings tumbling

Bridge falling apart

Mud and water exploding

Land slide
Flooding in Ping Tung

Saving people

Searching for survivors / human bodies

This used to be a village (Shao Lin village)
Typhoon's true face (pretty, yet disastrous)
Have you noticed that these disasters become more frequent and more serious as years passes?So now, is this Buddha /God / Allah 's way of punishing us for ill-treating earth?
_____________
Signing off,
Wondering
--------------------------------------------------------
we never know the worth of water till the well is dry. ~unknown


No comments:
Post a Comment